RSPH Level 2 Award in Pest Management
Looking for the 2024 Training Courses? Register Your Interest Here
About the course:
This Level 2 qualification is a recognised industry-standard qualification, required to work as a Pest Control Technician, in public health pest control. It is designed to provide an understanding of public health pests and their management. It fulfils the legal requirement relating to the training of pest control technicians, as set out in the Control of Pesticides Regulations 1986.
The qualification is divided into three units:
- Vertebrate Pests
- Invertebrate Pests
- Health, Safety and Legal Aspects.
The syllabus covers the management of rodents, non-rodent mammals, birds and invertebrates, health and safety and accident prevention, legislation and customer care.
During the Level 2 Award in Pest Managment you will learn:
- Legislation relevant to public health pest control
- Storage and transport of pesticides
- Biology, behaviour and control of rats and mice
- Control of other vertebrate pests including birds, rabbits, foxes, squirrels, moles and feral cats
- Public health insect pest biology and control including cockroaches, ants, wasps, flies, biting insects, stored product insects
- Pesticide application equipment
- Personal protective equipment
- Pesticide formulations and active ingredients