Looking for the 2024 Training Courses? Register Your Interest Here
About the course:
This course will give you hands on experience of all steps involved, in the professional control of insects. The journey through the control process will encapsulate insect identification, monitoring, non-toxic and chemical control options.
This course will give candidates a chance to gain practical experience of equipment used for insecticide application and help build on existing skills in developing an integrated pest management plan. The course is flexible and candidates are encouraged to bring their own objectives, but will focus on the evaluation of available methods, application and maintenance of equipment and practical insect identification.
During the Practical Insect Control Course you will learn:
- Skills involved with the identification of common insect pests
- The scope of monitoring tools available, their pros and cons
- Practical experience in using non-toxic methods of controlling insects, including EFK units and traps – their pros and cons
- Practical use of sprayers, dusters, ULVs and bait application equipment
- Health and safety considerations when using insecticides including practical steps to help develop H&S paperwork including COSHH / Risk Assessment and maintenance checks
- The importance of maintaining and servicing equipment