*12 Spaces Left*
This course provides delegates with training and information to assist them to qualify as a nationally recognised ‘Professional Pest Technician’.
- 9:00am - 10th October 2022
- 9:00am - 11th October 2022
- 9:00am - 17th October 2022
- 9:00am - 18th October 2022
- 9:00am - 24th October 2022
- 9:00am - 25th October 2022
Lunch and refreshments provided on the day.
Hallam Conference Centre
44 Hallam Street
This Level 2 qualification is a recognised industry-standard qualification required to work as a Pest Control Technician in public health pest control. It is designed to provide an understanding of public health pests and their management. It fulfils the legal requirement relating to the training of pest control technicians as set out in the Control of Pesticides Regulations 1986. The qualification is divided into three units; Vertebrate Pests, Invertebrate Pests and Health, Safety and Legal Aspects. The syllabus covers the management of rodents, non-rodent mammals, birds and invertebrates, health and safety and accident prevention, legislation and customer care.
During the Level 2 Award in Pest Management you will learn:
• Legislation relevant to public health pest control
• Storage and transport of pesticides
• Biology, behaviour and control of rats and mice
• Control of other vertebrate pests including birds, rabbits, foxes, squirrels, moles and feral cats
• Public health insect pest biology and control including cockroaches, ants, wasps, flies, biting insects, stored product insects
• Pesticide application equipment
• Personal protective equipment
• Pesticide formulations and active ingredients